Category Archives: Business Credit
Self-confidence and making money go together. Have you ever met a person of very low self-confidence making lots of money? No, because unless some one is confident about themselves they cannot make money or may have a real dysfunctional relationship with money.
Just to clarify, we’re not talking about self-worth or identity being tied to how much money you have (money does not make who you are). We’re talking about how your concept of yourself calls the shots on the level of income or success you’re able to achieve. Your self-esteem affects everything you are, have and do. It governs your every action and reaction.
So if deep down you don’t have confidence in yourself, or your mind is always churning with limitations and fears, you won’t recognize great opportunities right in front of you. Even if you do, it’s unlikely you’d pursue them the way a confident person would.
Increase your confidence with these easy steps.
STEP 1 – Forgive yourself every night an let go of all the blunders you make during the day. Don’t criticize yourself – Instead take a look at your mistakes and find out what went wrong or what you could have done differently to get a different outcome. Do not, I repeat, Do NOT involve any emotions. Analyze strictly to figure out how to correct things next time.’
STEP 2 – Read books written by authors that inspire you. Write down the passages that you like. By writing, you develop hand and mind coordination and mind remembers the text more easily. Write down and paste the paper around the places where you spend the most time.
STEP 3 – Thank God and everybody else for the good stuff. An attitude of gratitude is very important in life. When we express our thanks, we feel good. This feeling increases our confidence. Try it and you’ll realize a change or a shift in your sense of well being, relaxation, and energy you feel.
STEP 4 – Keep negative people away from you. There are many people who enjoy criticizing others. They get off on putting others down, finding faults, and raining on parades. Keep away from such negative Nancy’s (my apologies if your name is Nancy, ha ha) because they will take away your self-confidence and steel your joy. Keep the company of those people who add to your confidence. Hang around those who praise you for your achievements and qualities. They is always a definite boost to your confidence.
STEP 5 – Celebrate Every Success! Forget failures as soon as possible and remember your successes. Remembering failure makes us negative. Avoid that. Remember and put more emphasis on your good qualities and achievements. Thinking of failures just makes us feel bad and then worst the more we dwell on them. While thinking of a smallest success makes us feel happy and boost our confidence.
STEP 6 – Help others whenever you get an opportunity. Helping others in even the smallest ways will make you feel good, make you feel worthy and increase your self-esteem.
STEP 7 – Take the reins. It’s when we take 100% responsibility for our lives that life truly begins. . Be an active agent, instead of a passive victim. Meaning don’t blame others for your circumstances. Make conscious choices. Decide what you want and how to get there, find solutions for any obstacles, and be the architect of your life.
STEP 8 – Take risks. Life begins outside your comfort zone, as the saying goes. That doesn’t mean jumping out of a plane, or even putting yourself in the panic zone. It means being willing to be uncomfortable in order to achieve your goals. Decide that failure is not an option. Even if you do fail, you’re experiencing a courageous side of yourself, which builds your self-esteem.
STEP 9 – Meet challenges instead of avoiding them. Proving to yourself that you can step up and handle problems that arise raises your sense of well-being over time.
STEP 10 – Practice expecting the best. Many people believe they’re not worthy of happiness. And our culture doesn’t help any, with the dumb idea that if things are going too well, something’s bound to go wrong. In reality, it’s not true, but it’s true for you if that’s what you believe. Research shows that what you expect is what you get (your brain has a way of zeroing in—via its attention centers in the prefrontal cortex—on what you expect to see or experience). Meanwhile, plenty of people are living happy, fulfilled lives every day; some of them beyond age 100. How can you be one of them? If you’re always expecting the worst, you can begin overriding that programming in your brain by visualizing the best outcome in your mind, feeling it and expecting it. The more you do this the more of a shift you should experience.
Bottom line: BE the person you strive to be. And your life will follow you there
Which of the 10 Steps will you implement to start boosting your Confidence and opening the flow to more Money?
I really want to know. let me know in the comments section below.
Hey Money Maven!
Do you often wonder where all your money went at the end of a pay period? Are you living from paycheck to paycheck? Is your spending out of control?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, a financial detox might be just what you need to get your financial life back on track.
A detoxification process doesn’t just apply to your body. It can apply to your finances as well. Detoxification is a good word for the process, as the discomfort and challenges of spending withdrawal can feel quite real, just like a physical detoxification.
However, in the end, you’ll experience the relief of being able to live within your means and the joy that comes with financial security.
Ready To Give It a Try?
Follow these steps for your best results:
1. Locate the cause(s) of your financial challenges: The first step is to go over your bills and bank statements carefully. If you see something you don’t recognize, mark it and investigate it.
2. Admit the truth. You probably already know where your spending weaknesses lie. If you didn’t before, you should recognize them now. Look over your spending and search for areas where you’re being wasteful. Admit the truth.
3. Ask yourself ‘why’? Why do you think you’ve been spending money unnecessarily? Are you bored? Are you sad? Do you simply want more than your income can support?
4. Start the detox. There are several ways you could go about your financial detox:
- Go cold turkey. Simply decide to eliminate all the unnecessary expenses from your life, starting right now. This is tough but doable. You’ll have to be strong.
- Eliminate a few expenses. Maybe you’ll skip the weekly massages and buying lunch every day. You’ll keep some of your optional expenses but eliminate others.
- Cut back on everything, but don’t eliminate it. Maybe you’ll decide to cut all your discretionary spending in half. This way you still get to do everything, only not as much.
5. Take steps to make it permanent. If you’re going to take away your spending habit, raise your odds of success by replacing it with something else you enjoy.
A spending detox might be just what you need to get your spending under control and help to guarantee a positive financial future. However, like being on a diet, it’s never totally without its challenges.
Evaluate your spending and general sense of well being every month.Try these tips today. Be strong. Change is challenging, but you can do it!
NEED SOME SUPPORT & ACCOUNTABILITY? BEGIN HERE!
It’s been a while, huh?
Even though dealing with tax season is probably old hat by now, there are some things about taxes that continue to perplex. Specifically, what should you do with tax documents and the supporting paperwork?
Your aunt says to throw it all away after 2 years. Your banker friend says to save everything for 7 years.
So What Should You Do?
Use this handy guide to help you determine which tax-related documents to save and which to pitch:
1. Save tax returns. Many financial experts recommend never throwing away tax returns. They might come in handy in the future when you need to reflect back to determine the cost basis of prior investment figures, if you wish to apply for loans, or if you want to file for disability insurance.
- If you don’t have room to store tax returns, scan them and keep them in computer files. Be sure to back them up, though, in case your computer crashes.
2. File stock and mutual fund confirmations for safe-keeping. Because you’ll likely someday sell your stock market purchases, you’ll need the original information about your purchase of those items, such as when you bought them, how much you paid, and how many shares you bought. As long as you have the stock, you’ll need those confirmations. So save – don’t pitch.
3. Pitch salary pay stubs after the year’s end. If you saved pay stubs all year, it’s okay to get rid of them after you’re sure your W-2 reflects properly the amount you earned. The only exception here is if, for some reason, you need the final pay stub of the year (to claim how much money was deducted from your pay all year for donations to charities).
4. Before you dispose of copies of household bills, ensure you don’t need them. If you have a home office, you’ll likely need your utility bills and other types of receipts to claim the home-office deduction on your tax return.
5. Save credit card bills. Although some financial experts recommend pitching them, many reasons to save them exist. For example, these days, credit card companies often insure anything you’ve purchased with the cards.
6. Expect exceptions to these rules. If you have room, it’s wise to save any important records.
If you take this information into account, you won’t get caught without a receipt you need or using up precious space to store papers you don’t require.
READY TO GET YOUR FINANCIAL HOUSE IN ORDER? BEGIN HERE!
It just takes small steps girlfriend!
Hey Money Maven!
The new year is right around the corner and it’s a great time to declutter your life and make room for more of what you really want.
Where do I start?
One of the greatest sources of clutter and confusion is finances.
I know you have it…
- Bank statements and Bills piled a mile high on the kitchen counter
- Loose change and Receipts stuffed in your purse or wallet
- You can’t seem to locate your checkbook, although you know it is somewhere in the house.
- You’ve got gift cards from last Christmas with increments of $8.88, $1.35, or they’re completely unused.
- The desk you pay your bills at has used food wrappers, crumbs and lots of dust balls. You can’t see the surface.
- You can’t remember which of your five checking accounts has available money for spending.
- You are racking up debt using your credit card, only because you aren’t sure how much money is in your checking account to pay for every day expenses.
OK, maybe this isn’t exactly your picture, but you get the idea. Disorganization, uncleanliness, vagueness, overwhelm, disrespect and stagnant energy all live under the roof of “clutter.”
It’s time to clear it all up so you can focus on your financial goals.
STEP 1 – Create A Simple Budget
Do you know how much money is coming in and going out each month? Getting real and having a handle on that is the first step.
STEP 2 – Start Dating Your Money
Create a special area in your home where you pay bills and manage money. It can be small, clean and supplied with a pen, post its, stamps, calculator, writing pad.
Establish a bill pay plan. A bill doesn’t have to be paid on the day it arrives. Simply schedule a monthly, or even biweekly, block of time to review and pay your bills. I like to call this a money Date. ( and you don’t even have to get all dolled up)
STEP 3 – Keep It Simple Sista (Kiss, Kiss)
All it takes is 13 folders to organize a year’s worth of paid bills. It’s simple… Just label each of the tabs with the name of the month and leave the last one empty for the year’s tax return. When you pay a bill, file it in the month paid along with credit card receipts and bank statements. That’s all.
READY TO OPEN YOUR FLOW WITH MONEY? BEGIN HERE!
Hey There… If you’re ready to stop feeling like you are struggling pushing and pulling for every dime you make. It’s time to get vocal about your money.
Here’s the deal love….
What’s happening is money is controlling you instead of you having control of money.
When you look at Relationships, Finances, Physical/Health, Spirit, Emotions, and the Mind.
Here’s what I know for sure… Your financial life has a huge impact on all of the other areas.
If you have money problems….
Those money problems likely affect:
- Stress Levels
- Whether you sleep at night – (good thing the Olympics come on late)
- Worry (that feeling in the pit of your stomach)
- Emotions (mood swings)
- Relationships (fights with your husband…yelling at the kids)
If there was only someone you could talk to about your money situation….someone that won’t judge, criticize or look down on you… right?
Talking about money has become one of those taboo subjects that is NEVER talked about.
People are more willing to share about a violent crime they were involved in rather than talk about what is in their bank account.
Yet money problems are at the root cause of
- Health Issues
- Many Divorces
- Mental Cases
- Violent Crimes and Even Suicide
So here is the dilemma… If talking about money is the #1 “Don’t talk about” subject, how are we ever going to turn our financial life around?
And if Money is the #1 cause of problems experienced in our bodies, relationships and mind… Then isn’t it time to HEAL OUR MONEY?
We are willing to spend time, money and energy on healing our bodies, healing our minds, and healing our spirit.
Don’t you think It’s time to stop putting money on the back burner and HEAL OUR BANK ACCOUNT too.
The truth is when you heal your money you heal your mind, you heal your spirt, and you heal your relationships.
Here’s a Place to Start:
Instead of focusing on what you don’t have and how stressful your money situation may be…..
- Begin focusing on being in GRATITUDE for what you have now and OPEN yourself to RECEIVE MONEY.
- Start paying attention to your money and your money beliefs.
- Discover what is stopping that flow of money you want. And Create a NEW Money belief… A Belief that serves you.
- Get Vocal: Be honest and start sharing your money successes and dilemmas… It’s okay… It’s time to break the taboo
OPEN yourself to RECEIVE MONEY…. Because despite past mistakes, decisions, or circumstances…. By God’s Design…It is your right to have abundance + prosperity + wealth!
When I heard that question posed by Rikka Zimmerman,, I have to admit my first thought was “ooh now that’s juicy”! And then I got real uncomfortable as I realized, “Oh crap!” if you put it that way, Me and my money honey were sleeping in twin beds!
Truth be told, whenever my money situation needed some love and attention my response … “not tonight honey I have a headache!”
So how did that happen? Where did we go wrong. Even more important, what could I do to bring the romance + the sizzle + the spice back?
Want to heal your relationship with money?
First My Sultry Stiletto Sister you must identify everywhere you’ve made money bad + scarce +evil + wrong.
Uncover every judgment and subconscious motive you have for sending money away, because it’s the false and limiting beliefs that make it impossible to turn up the heat and turn your financial situation around, not you!
So let’s get in the sandbox and Play!
Pretend your money is in the room, right next to you. What are some of the ways you think and feel about money that makes it not want to stick around and procreate with you?
Because honey that’s what money is… Your luscious partner in procreation.
Take for instance the thought that money is the root of all evil. If money were your lover do you think it would want to stay if you loathed its very existence? Right… Not for long!
Do you feel like money always lets you down? And your empty purse is one big fat reminder that money is “just not that into you!”
Do you feel that your money honey needs so much attention, that its “too high maintenance” and that you’d rather have less of it than deal with the demands of having it around?
Do you trust yourself around it? fearing if you had it, you’d lose all self-respect and go completely wild out of control with it?
Do you feel like you don’t deserve it, or that money pays way more attention to everyone else but you?
Do you get jealous of others for having more money?
Do you feel like you’re a teen again with all the angst and relationship drama, but this time its with your money?
Here’s a Sexy Possibility!
When I began to stay open to possibility with no judgments or conclusions limiting my receiving and having money in my life. When I became willing to pay attention to + respect + honor + bless my money I was blown away by how quickly money + other resources showed up in my world to support the life that I truly desired.
What if you didn’t judge yourself for your financial situation? What if you began to live into the question of “what else is possible?” + “what can I be, do, have, create, generate, choose or change today If me an my money were madly and passionately in love?”
Really? I’d like to know?
Luv, Hugs, and Blessings
Here’s the deal. You don’t have to do it alone. Stiletto Wealth is a one-woman brand, but I still need outsource business partners like my Event Queen, Linda Cain; dream catchers like my writing and message maven, Amanda Johnson; and leaders like my coach & professional millionaire marketing muse, Adam Urbanski to keep me headed toward the stars.
:: Who do you reach for when the stakes are high?
The higher you climb, the more you need a team of spirited, passionate people to keep you moving towards your Stiletto Wealth Dream.
:: you’re not making the money you want (and deserve)
:: your dream clients are MIA
:: your results are less than stellar
(even though you’re working your stilettos off)
:: your Stiletto Wealth Dream is stalled
(or worse you’re without one altogether)
Open your heart + reach out + ask for help and make an investment in your business (and yourself!).
Make a list of 3 things you can delegate today!
Make a list of 3 people who can support you in your business and help it grow Fast!
You don’t have to be alone in your business…anymore!
Play in the world you want to be in
Sexy Savvy Stiletto Sister,
Because you’re here, I know you’re serious about building an empire.
It’s time to for you to play in the world you want to be in and not where you think it’s “realistic” for you to be.
Uh-huh. As the first half of 2012 wraps up, say goodbye to cozy-comfort zones and stale realism, and take on some new challenges.
Here are three ideas that will help you get out of your cozy-comfort, put on your big girl stilettos and play in the world you want to be in:
:: Get Out of Cozy-Comfort Zone: Attending depressing networking events that make you feel desperate about yourself.
:: Play in Big Girl Zone: Find your next group of movers + shakers and, go on, square your shoulders, sashay up to the door and push it open. Crash the party and network like a Fancy Lady of Business! Assume you’re meant to be there. Because guess what, darling? You are.
:: Get Out of Cozy-Comfort Zone: Hanging out with whiny, low-energy people (even if it’s your best friend).
:: Play in Big Girl Zone: Hanging out with peeps that are smarter, savvier and more successful than you.
:: Get Out of Cozy-Comfort Zone: Being cheap in your business, cuz girl you’re good at everything and you can do it ALL on your own!
:: Play in Big Girl Zone: Investing in your business and going total pro this year. Yeah! That’s right! Spend the big bucks and delegate anything and everything that you are not 1000% good at and totally enjoy.
Remember: Everything you think, everything you say, and everything you do will propel you, either forward or back!
Time to level up. World domination awaits!
Luv + Hugs + Blessings
I’m on a 90 Day Mission for health and well being! I am making a commitment to myself to love me by nourishing my body, soul, and mind – exercising regularly and enjoying life immensely!
Amazing Me – That’s what I’m calling it!
First step Burke Williams spa membership! whoohoo!
I’m Doing It Scared!
I posted that on Facebook a couple of days ago and quickly received tons of likes and comments.
But that wasn’t it….
My inbox was flooded with private Facebook messages from people who wanted to join me in the challenge and secretly share their commitment.
It was emotional reading the way people felt about how they’ve neglected their self care, feeling alone, and somewhat powerless to break the cycle and make a change.
But when they saw my post they thought I Can Do This! And rose to the challenge.
So What Are You Doing, Shameca?
It’s official! I’m stepping into the spot light!
With tears in my eyes… and the willingness to open up my life to inspire courage and possibility in others…I’m blogging and video blogging the “Amazing Me 90 Day challenge”
Truth Wealth is about the whole self not just money!
Am I apprehensive? HOCKEY STICKS YES! but for the next 90 days. I will be the poster girl for “Do It Scared”!
It’s the Stiletto Wealth Way! OMG (did I just say that?)
Yep That’s Right We Start July 1! I’ll be checking in at least once a week. Sometimes more if anything exciting is happening.
I’ll post on my personal FB page and blog on my site http://www.stilettowealthsociety.com/
Wanna Join In?
What is one thing you can commit to for 90 days to nourish your mind, body, and soul?
Post comments as a blog through the journey.
Share Your 90 Day Amazing Me Challenge in the comments section below!
This Wednesday is going to change how you look at funding your business forever.
Hint: It has nothing to do with lists, nothing to do with business plans, having a big business, or perfect credit; and nothing to do with you walking into a bank at all.
In fact, you are about to learn how to get the money you need to do what you do best and take your business to the next level.
Meaning? Your Funding Problems are FINALLY REALLY OVER!
You need to be at on this call if you:
1) Are short on cash and can’t find money to start or grow your business quickly
2) Don’t know where or how to get the cash
3) Feel sick because you lost out on a great opportunity to sponsor and event and watched as other business owners took the opportunity and put profits in their pockets
4) Lack the confidence to raise money
5) Are frustrated and feel stuck
Wednesday April 18th at
6 p.m. PST
7 p.m. MST
8 p.m. CST
9 p.m. EST
Get Your Spot Here:
In this 90 minute call, I’ll open the door for you to receive an unlimited amount of money for your business – so you can finally kiss these problems goodbye:
1) No Cash
2) Losing out on lucrative business opportunities
3) Maxing out and Paying high interest rates on personal credit cards
4) Using Up Your Savings and Retirement Accounts
Were going to show you how to get in under the normal business lending radars and get exclusive, fast-pass access to funding for all your business needs (without ever having to walk into a bank).
Looking forward to it,
P.S. This strategy has made all the difference in the world in my clients’ business. Now you can do the same. Get registered and we’ll see you Wednesday night:
Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine?
No problem! But here’s what you MUST include:
Shameca Tankerson, is a Speaker, Trainer, Author, and Cash Flow Success Mentor to entrepreneurs and service professionals. Using a proven system, she opens a candid dialogue about money that teaches her clients how to access unlimited business capital, breakthrough to their next income level and expand into a cash flowing business with a new collaborative business model that is liberating, Inspiring and Powerful. To Get your F.R.E.E. “Spark Your Cash Flow Financial Success Kit” – Making Room For Money: 5 Financial Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make That Sabotage Their Cash Flow (And How To Avoid Them). Visit: http://www.MakingRoomForMoney.com